Makeup artists have been using the contouring technique for decades to help their clients achieve the most flattering looks possible. But what exactly is contouring? In this blog post, you’ll find everything you need to know about contouring, from what it is to how to do it yourself; keep reading!
FAQs About Contouring
What Does Contour Do?
Contour makeup is applied to the face to create the illusion of depth and dimension. Using a darker shade of foundation or powder along the cheekbones, nose, and jawline; and a lighter shade under the eyes and on the forehead, you can give your face more definition.
Should You Do It Before Or After Foundation?
It’s typically best to contour after you’ve applied your foundation, as this will give you a better idea of where to place the product. If you’re using a powder contour, you can apply it before or after setting your makeup with powder.
The Difference Between Contour & Bronzer
Contouring is all about creating the illusion of depth and dimension, while bronzing is meant to give your skin a healthy, sun-kissed glow. You should apply bronzer where the sun would naturally hit your face: on the forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin. Contouring is a technique that takes time to master, but don’t worry. Practice makes perfect.
How To Contour Your Face
Now that you know all there is to know about contouring, it’s time to learn how to do it yourself! Follow these simple steps for a flawless contour:
- Start by finding the perfect foundation shade. Next, apply your foundation as usual.
- To contour your cheekbones, use a powder or cream contour one to two shades darker than your natural skin tone. Apply the product along the hollows of your cheeks and blend outward.
- You can use a pencil or liquid liner to create a shadow effect for your nose. Start by drawing a line down the center of your nose, then blend it out.
- To contour your jawline, apply the product along your jawline and blend outward.
- Finally, highlight the areas of your face you want to bring forward. Use a powder or cream highlight one to two shades lighter than your natural skin tone. Apply the product to the bridge of your nose and your cupid’s bow.
The Beauty Bar’s Professional MUAs Create Amazing Makeup Looks In Yuma, AZ
Now that you know all there is to contouring, it’s time to try it out for yourself! If you’re looking for a professional makeup artist in Yuma, AZ, look no further than The Beauty Bar. Our talented makeup artists can help you achieve any look you desire, from natural and understated to bold and glam. Get in touch with us to get top contouring in Yuma!